- News & Events
- Pay Your Bill
The FATHOM Smart Grid for Water
There is Strength in Numbers
FATHOM is the Smart Grid for Water — a complete solution to modernize the performance of municipal water utilities. The Smart Grid for Water uniquely combines the three most critical data elements in any water utility. A combination of consumption (AMI), customer(CIS) and location(GIS) data that creates the actionable information utilities need to address today’s growing challenges.
- Utilities are losing money, and revenue is on the decline
- Customers are expecting higher and more modern service levels
- Operational costs are on the rise
- Infrastructure requires targeted renewal, yet the scope of the aging problem makes it difficult to prioritize
- The utility workforce is leaving and retiring, resulting in a tragic loss of knowledge
- Conservation mandates are coming, and revenue sustainability strategies require comprehensive intelligence
- Technology is changing faster than utility planning horizons
- Climate variability is eroding confidence that our industry is prepared
All of these challenges are addressed by the Smart Grid for Water, and the benefits are undeniable. Its why all of us as utilities are marching toward the modernization, actionable information, customer delight, simpler execution and lower costs that technology and the Smart Grid promise. Every utility in America has understood this value for more than a decade, but so few have started the journey, and even fewer have achieved the promise.
Every utility – all of us – know the parts of the Smart Grid for Water:
- Hourly read or greater meters (Advanced Metering Infrastructure AMI)
- A data management platform (Meter Data Management MDM)
- A utility billing or customer information system (CIS) built to use the granular data provided by AMI and the Smart Grid Solutions
- Robust, adaptive customer care and billing strategies and processes to delight customers and preserve utility revenue
- A work order and asset management solution that is location based, electronic and field deployable.
These elements must be combined into a single solution that allows today’s water utilities to turn on access to a more intelligent, cost-effective, prepared infrastructure that has dramatic impact for its employees, the customers it serves, and the resources it protects.
What we need as utilities is not in question. We need the Smart Grid for Water. How to get it, and how to get it quickly, is the problem that needs addressing.
FATHOM has developed the Utility-to-Utility Delivery model to solve the specific issues that have prevented us from having the Smart Grid for Water years ago.
- How to pay for it
- How to make sure it works
- How to keep it working with clarity to the costs of maintaining it
- How to leverage the tools previously affordable by only the largest utilities
- How to make your community more sustainable while choosing to do more for them
FATHOM wants to be your partner in obtaining all the benefits of modernizing your Customer Information System, Advanced Metering Infrastructure and Asset Management Solutions —from enhancing the management of your meter population, to improving revenue, to reducing operational costs, to improving bad debt and collection metrics, to enhancing customer experience.
With FATHOM, we will help you make the fundamental changes that come from actionable information to extend the life of your infrastructure while increasing revenue, decreasing costs and delighting your customers.
And that’s just the beginning of the benefits of the Smart Grid for Water, which continue to grow over time. It is proven to work for our sector, and your utility needs it. Let us show you how to finally get it, quickly, without risk, and at a price your customers and councils will be delighted to pay.
FATHOM is the Smart Grid for Water
FATHOM’s Utility Billing Services offers economies of scale for municipalities, allowing them to save money while increasing revenue and delighting customers. Leveraging FATHOM’s Smart Grid for Water software platform and our managed services team, FATHOM’s Utility Billing Services encompass everything a municipality needs to manage their billing processes cost efficiently, and deliver a great customer experience for their citizens.
FATHOM’s Turnkey AMI Project Delivery offering helps cities realize the potential of smart meters, faster and more cost effectively. We manage the entire process from sourcing and delivering the meter and AMI equipment to installation and project management – even the parts often overlooked from data capture to public involvement.
FATHOM’s Asset Management solution moves you to predictive maintenance instead of reactive maintenance, reducing failures and saving you money. Geographical Information Systems (GIS) and Asset Management solutions such as Cityworks, typically at a price point accessible only for larger municipalities, can be yours with our model that creates economies of scale. FATHOM’s fully integrated asset management solution is the best way for utilities of all sizes to cut costs and increase the effectiveness of their assets and workforce while reducing the risks associated with aging infrastructure and deploying a solution that staff will utilize.